- The information that they contain is inappropriate for the audience (usually far too complex).
- The presentation of the information is dull or dry.
- The program is too expensive to run on an ongoing basis.
- Students don’t have enough time to take the training.
- The program doesn’t fit with other training initiatives in the organization.
I’m not going to try to rank these in any kind of order. But, over my next few posts, I’m going to look at each of these in turn, try to identify the pitfalls, and give you some suggestions that may help you avoid them.